The new FCD Website
We have been busy upgrading our website for a brand new experience. Take a look through and let us know what you think.
- Fixed to duplicate tag text on blog posts.
- Removed the custom cursor on mobile / touch devices.
- Added a custom circular mouse cursor.
- Added a hashtag on tags to illustrate our social media tags.
- Fixed a glitch on the service page where things weren’t scaling down properly.
- Removed the ‘our focus’ badge on all the services. This wasn’t required.
- Fixed a link issue on the ‘main category’ links.
- Fixed an issue with the gallery not showing correctly on all posts featuring an image gallery.
- Fixed the logo slider issue with a logo displaying over the top.
- Fixed the bullet point styling.
- Fixed a search engine crawl error.
- Added the ability to include a thumbnail and a featured image that are independent of one another on our blog.
Whilst we loved our previous version, it had it’s limitations. And we recently upgraded our whole website design tools, featuring a brand new platform and web editor. So, we rebuilt everything from the ground up and even added new sections like our services page.
Everything has been carefully pieced together to extend and already good website, with refinements and updates performed along the way. Start from our home page and see for yourself, or check out some of our new projects.
- Added scroll location bar to the top of the browser.
- Fixed a layout bug on the home page footer for mobile devices.
- New blog system for related posts – Work in Progress.
- Highly refined CSS style sheets for blog posts.
- Added Author avatar and name on blog posts.
- Added snow version of the FCD logo and falling snow site-wide, Merry Christmas!
- NEW home page header and animation, Christmas themed 🙂
- NEW home page about text.
- NEW fancier button rollovers.
- NEW page location bar at the top of each page, as users scroll, they are shown how far down the page they are.
- NEW call-to-action on the footer of the home page.
- UPDATED ‘what’s happening’ and ‘featured’ sections of the home page.
- In-lined share buttons to prevent them being missing from future posts.
- Contact page has fewer breakpoints
- Removed all CSS animation scripts on home for added stability and performance.
- Reduced the file size of the FCD logo on all pages by 96% for much faster load times.
- NEW link structure with parent pages, for example /work/project-page and /blog/post-page
- Refined mobile post list layout; reduced shadow, font size, image size, and margins for a slightly cleaner look.
- Fixed vertical height issue on ‘Blog‘ (may be temporary).
- Fixed a server caching issue.
- Fixed an issue where some external links are redirecting to non-existing HTTPS versions and displaying a security warning.
- Fixed the spacing between categories and post title on mobile devices for post pages.
- Fixed a layout glitch for ‘Blog‘ where the wider the browser, the more unreadable the page became.
- Heavy back-end refinements and adjustments for better site performance.
- Fixed a Google Maps height issue for mobile devices and resolved an API issue where the map would become blank.
- Fixed an issue on ‘About‘ where a white box would appear on the top of the page.
- Fixed an issue on ‘Contact‘ where text ran under the imagery on certain browser widths.
- Fixed an issue where the mobile menu was visible on larger desktop displays for all ‘Work’ pages.
- Fixed a jQuery issue causing mobile menus to display incorrectly.
- Fixed a major SSL security issue caused by a incorrect certificate install.
- Fixed a scrolling error on all pages where the page ‘jumps’ up if the menu is open and the user scrolls.
- Fixed a Google Maps issue causing the map to display blank.
- New mobile menu design.
- Removed scroll effects on ‘Work‘ pages to improve performance.
- Fixed a missing video link on ‘Video‘.
- Fixed some of the links on the blog which were redirecting to HTTP instead of HTTPS.
- Added a cookie notifier.
- Added SSL security.
- NEW blog list style:
- rounded corners.
- edited button style to match the rest of the site.
- tweaked mobile layout – thumbnail images were too tall.
- increased shadow for more depth.
- increased spacing between list and pagination.
- Fixed a text link style where it wasn’t clear a piece could be clicked.
- Added an extra clickable layer to featured projects footer on Work pages.
- New pagination style for ‘Blog‘ to be more intuitive to use.
- Slight style change of blog posts for mobile devices.
- Fixed FCD logo link where some users would be redirected to a blank page.
- Fixed featured image aspect ratio on a blog post page.
- Increased security.
- Added cached pages for much faster load times.
- Fixed 2 missing links on home page.
- Fixed a bug on ‘Geoquip Cyber Security Video‘ where images were displaying incorrectly on mobile.
- Fixed a rollover glitch found on feature project footer on ‘Charles Hatchett Awards 2016‘.
- Fixed a render glitch on the header video.
- Added the logo redirect to home page link.
- Added FCD blog profile.
- Initial Launch of the re-branded site.
- The previous build of FCD, now stored in the archives.